BravesID (Digital Learning)
BravesID - Instructional Delivery at a Distance
Community ISD maintains classes, grades, and teacher-student communication through Canvas in BravesID.
We are committed to providing the support, tools, and resources necessary for all students to continue to learn. It is very important that your student logs in and participates. Should you need assistance or have questions, please look for contact information in emails sent by your teachers and campus principal.
BravesID Student and Parent Responsibilities:
Additional information and resources will continue to be added to this webpage, so set a bookmark for communityisd.org/BravesID
- Read daily emails from teachers and principals
- Daily login to Canvas for assignments from teachers
- Complete electronic assignments by due dates
- All students have been enrolled in Canvas. The login is their CISD student email address (first three letters of first name + first three letters of last name + the two-digit birth month + cisdbraves.org) example: Melissa Jones, born in May = firstname.lastname@example.org. The password is the student ID#, which can be found in the paperwork that parents will receive at the time of iPad/Chromebook pickup. It is also found in Tyler SIS or can be requested by calling the students' campus front desk.
- Guardians can also login to Canvas via your child's login, if you wish. You will receive an invitation to join Canvas and will be able to set up email preferences. You will only receive one email that will link to all your student's classes.
- Students will log into their Chromebooks with their school email and ID; young students may use their Clever QR code.
- The student ID and Clever QR code can be found in the paperwork that parents will receive at the time of Chromebook pickup. It can also be found in Skyward SIS or can be requested by calling the students' campus front desk.
- Find access to Canvas by clicking on the Google Waffle, scrolling down, and clicking on the Canvas icon.
Digital Learning Resources for Parents and Students
- How do I get help with Canvas as an observer?
- How do I view the Grades page for a student as an observer?
- How do I navigate a Canvas course as an observer?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an observer?
- How do I connect with my child's class?
- Canvas Parent App Download Link (iOS)
- Canvas Parent App Download Link (Android)
- Creating an Account in the Canvas Parent App for Android
- Creating an Account in the Canvas Parent App on iOS
- Spanish - Observer (Parent/Guardian) Canvas Community Resource Links
- Observer (Parent/Guardian) Canvas Community Resource Links
- Generating A Pairing Code for An Observer as a Student
- Creating a Canvas Account for Parents
- How to use Clever Badges to login to Chromebooks
- Getting started with BravesID learning on a district issued iPad
- How to install an App on an iPad
- How to create a new Apple Id on an iPad