College & Career Readiness Center @ CHS
Welcome to the College and Career Readiness Center
The goal is clear.
Every student should graduate from Community High School ready for college or a career. The Community ISD College & Career Readiness Center (CCRC) is a new resource for Community ISD.
The CCRC is located at Community High School. Students, parents, and community members are invited to stop by. We look forward to collaborating with all stakeholders in the development of short and long-term goals to assist in increasing student achievement. Engaging community members and families in the task of educating the WHOLE kid is crucial for success. Join us on the path to #CISDReady.
The goals of the CCRC are to:
- assist in the development of courses that prepare students for college-level work and ensure that all students understand what it means to be college and career ready by the time they enter the ninth grade;
- utilize assessment measurements throughout high school so that students are aware of how ready they are for college or a career after graduation, and help students overcome any deficiency that may exist;
- surround students with adults, peers, community members, and other stakeholders who support their college or career aspirations;
- provide students with exposure to a wide variety of opportunities and environments for engaging, postsecondary education;
- engage and assist students in completing critical steps for college or career entry; and,
- increase family awareness of post-secondary education costs and help students apply for financial aid.
Advanced Academics Administrative Assistant