Parent and Family Support
Helpful Resources for Parents and Families
Online Learning Resources
- Tips and Tools for Spanish Learner Parents & Families
- Tips and Tools for English Learner Parents & Families
- Canvas Parent/Observer Login
- Getting Help with Canvas as an Observer
- How do I connect with my child's class?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an observer?
- How do I view the Grades page for a student as an observer?
Drug and Alcohol Prevention
- National Institute for Drug Abuse for Teachers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- What You Need to Know And How to Talk With Your Kids About Vaping
- American Addiction Centers
Media and Screen Time
- Popular Teen Apps - A List for Parents and Teachers
- Screen Time Monitoring and Apps
- Common Sense Media
- Society for Prevention of Teen Suicide
- Parents as Partners is Suicide Prevention
- Parents' Guide to Suicide Prevention
#SafeBraves Tip Line
IMPORTANT: Your tip will be provided to CISD Police Department, campus and/or district administrators, but this tip line is not monitored 24 hours per day and is not intended as a substitute for calling 911 or making a report to law-enforcement in an emergency. If the situation is an emergency, or if students or staff may be in imminent danger, please immediately call local law enforcement first.
Community ISD maintains a tip line to allow parents, students and community members to report concerns affecting our campuses. This includes threats, bullying, drug use, suspected abuse or neglect and any number of other concerns that may affect the physical safety or health of our students. It is important to provide as many details as possible (dates/times/names/locations, etc) so that your tip may be investigated appropriately. You may remain anonymous, but is often helpful if we can contact you for additional information if needed. The tip line is also a great way to "Brag on a Brave" if you see behavior from students or staff that exemplifies the "Traits of a Brave" - passionate, wise, humble and generous.
Click the TIPLINE button to submit a tip.