Phone: 972-843-6500 Ext. 2100
Degrees and Certifications:
BBA in Computer Information Systems from Texas A&M University - Kingsville MEd in Educational Technology/Library Science from Texas A&M University - Commerce Technology Applications (K-12) Technology Education (6-12) Generalist (EC-4)
Mr. Joseph Winslow
For the 2021-22 school year, I will be teaching Computer Science 1 and 2.
In Addition, Daul Credit Classes (Collin College) IT Essentials I: PC Hardware and Software, Network +, and Introduction to Scripting Languages – Python
This is my second year at Community High School. I am honored to be part of the Braves Nation.
As a teacher, the Top 5 attitudes that I will try to instill in my students at CHS are:
1. Be a "life-time" learner.
2. "Reflection of Self, Decisions, and Actions" are imperative for Self-Improvement.
3. Understand that "Failure" is inevitable, but "Quitting" is permanent.
4. Respect for "Others" begins with Repect of "Self".
5. An "Optimistic" attitude can ONLY be taken away by ONE individual - YOU!
I grew up in a small town named Taft. Taft is located about 17 miles to the North of Corpus Christi. My Family and I moved to the Dallas Area about 20 years ago. I have taught Computer Applications at the elementary level for Dallas ISD for about 13 years, and MicroSoft Office Applications at the junior high level for Richardson ISD for 3 years. I have 4 children ranging from 17 to 27 years of age, and have been married for over 20 years.