Under the guidance from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), Community ISD has developed the following COVID-19 guidelines for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Hand hygiene should be performed by all students, employees and visitors throughout the school day.
- Non-porous surfaces in areas heavily used by a test-positive individual will be disinfected
Response to Positive Cases:
- Parents/guardians and employees are required to report positive cases of COVID-19 to the school nurse
- Parents/guardians must ensure they do not send a child to school if the child has symptoms of COVID-19 or is confirmed positive with COVID-19 until the readmission criteria have been met. Texas DSHS requirements for readmission to school include the following:
- If symptomatic, exclude until at least 5 days have passed since symptom onset, and fever free*, and other symptoms have improved. Children who test positive for COVID-19 but do not have any symptoms must stay home until at least 5 days after the day they were tested
* Fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever suppressing medications. Fever is a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.