Flyer Distribution Guidelines for External Organizations
The Public Relations department works with not-for-profit community organizations and youth programs that sponsor activities of an educational, recreational or enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar.
Flyers will not be approved that:
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below.
Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the District to review and approval. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described above. Please allow up to 48 hours for the district office to approve or deny your flyer for distribution.
Enrichment and community organizations are subject to Peachjar’s service fee when a flyer is posted to promote an activity or event with a participation fee. Peachjar's service fee also applies to activities that are held without charge, but may entice participants to join a fee-based program, or purchase products or services (e.g. a soccer league that offers free clinics).
Peachjar’s service fee will be waived in Community ISD when a local community organization is promoting a free event that does not entice participants to join a fee-based program, or purchase products or services (Free-for-Free). Community Free (Free-for-Free) flyer distribution is limited to one posting per organization every 30 days.
- Flyers will only be considered for approval from an agency or group that is a not-for-profit or tax-exempt entity (charitable, educational, registered non-profit, governmental etc.)
- Information included in the flyer must directly benefit CISD students or be of intrinsic value to students and/or parents
- Programs and activities must not directly conflict with a school sponsored program or event
- Flyers must include contact information: a telephone number, Website link, and/or email address for further information.
- Flyers must be in PDF format and smaller than 6 MB
- Flyers must be submitted through Peachjar for approval at least 10 calendar days prior to the event or deadline.
- It is the practice of Community ISD to distribute all information to our parents and students in both English and Spanish. We ask that all partners who are making a request to distribute information do the same. Translation of the document is the responsibility of the requesting party.
- Flyers must contain the following disclaimer (will be automatically added from Peachjar): The activities, products, or services advertised in this flyer are not supervised, sponsored or endorsed by Community ISD or its schools.
- Include any activity that is not specifically for school-age students
- Include any activity or event that directly conflicts with a school sponsored event or activity
- Solicit participation in research or related activities
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure
- Proselytize religious beliefs (community recreation or festival events held by religious organizations are generally acceptable)
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue
- Contain any content outlined under the limitations of Board Policy GKDA (LOCAL)
- Ensure that your flyer meets the Community ISD Flyer Approval requirements above.
- Go to www.peachjar.com
- Register with Peachjar as an Enrichment Provider (account type)
- Select desired schools
- Upload your flyer to Peachjar for approval