Kindergarten and Pre-K
Each spring, Community ISD begins registering students entering kindergarten the following school year.
This early registration process gives parents information to ease the transition into pre-k and kindergarten, and assists the District in planning for enrollment growth and staffing needs. Please read the enrollment dates and requirements below!
Kindergarten Round-Up: Tuesday, May 2 at Elementary Campuses
- Roderick Elementary: 5:00 pm -6:30 pm
- Dodson Elementary (at Roderick): 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- McClendon Elementary: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- NeSmith Elementary: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Pre-K Round-Up: Thursday, May 4 from 6-8 pm at Community High School
- To attend Pre-K 4 in the 2023-24 school year, students must be four years of age or older on or before September 1, 2023, and qualify based on the Texas Education Agency (TEA)'s requirements: https://tea.texas.gov/sites/default/files/PK%20Eligibility%20Overview.pdf
- To attend kindergarten in the 2023-24 school year, students must be five years of age or older on or before September 1, 2023.
Enrollment Documents Needed:
- Proof of Residency - Acceptable proof of residency is either a current utility bill (gas, electric, or water) or a lease/mortgage agreement
- Immunization Records - (View Requirements)
- Birth Certificate(s)
- Social Security
- Legal Guardian identification/photo
- Home Language Survey
- Enrolling Online
- Will take place in the computer labs at CHS
- Sign-up sheets for language testing times will be available. Language testing will take place at a later date.
Once you have completed the online registration form and uploaded the required documents, you will receive a confirmation email. Please note, however, that enrollment is not complete until the documentation is reviewed and processed by District staff. Community ISD will begin processing new Pre-K and kindergarten students in May, with the process continuing into the spring and summer in the order in which submissions are received. Parents will receive a welcome letter to the Brave Nation via email once their registration form has been processed and enrollment is complete. Elementary schools will begin communicating with families this spring in preparation for a successful transition into kindergarten.
Email - Click here