CISD Theatre Premieres New Musical in September!
Our CISD Theater program returns to the stage in September for their second annual fall musical! This season our amazing Braves will be performing “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”!
- Charlie Brown - Adam Montelongo (Understudy Paisley Myre)
- Sally Brown - Marley Tipton (Understudy Lily Gray)
- Linus Van Pelt - Liz Edwards (Understudy Alli Garner)
- Lucy Van Pelt - Mallory Samples (Understudy Paisley Myre)
- Snoopy - Rin Owens
- Schroeder - Rowan Paul
- Ashlynn Lee (Woodstock), Jessa Gadness, Megan Ondieki, Paisley Myre, Lily Gray, Alli Garner, Samantha Crawford, Brynn Wallace, Sophia McCray, I. Gayler-Hernandez, Alayna Hale, Jayden Little, Mya Chatman
- Choreographer - Landon Short
- Stage Manager - Sophia James
Happiness is great musical theatre! With charm, wit, and heart, You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown explores life through the eyes of Charlie Brown and his friends in the Peanuts gang. This revue of songs and vignettes, based on the beloved Charles Schulz comic strip, is the ideal first show for those who would like to do a musical. Musical numbers include "My Blanket and Me," "The Kite," "The Baseball Game," "Little Known Facts," "Suppertime," and "Happiness." Guaranteed to please audiences of all ages!
You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown opened in New York City on March 7, 1967 and played for 1,597 performances at the theatre 80 St. Marks, with Gary Burghoff in the title role. This version was revived on Broadway in 1971 and played for 32 performances at the John Golden Theatre. A new version, You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown (Revised), was presented on Broadway in 1999 and played for 149 performances at the Ambassador Theatre, with Tony Award-winning performances by Roger Bart as Snoopy and Kristin Chenoweth as Sally.