CISD Key Communicators
Community Independent School District is committed to transparent and two-way communication with our stakeholders. Beginning in the Fall of 2016, the CISD Public Relations Department will establish a Key Communicators Program. The purpose of the group is:
- To bridge the connection between the district and the community;
- To communicate student and staff accomplishments;
- To provide an opportunity for key communicators to share community concerns, questions and ideas with the district;
- To provide key communicators with accurate information regarding district programs and initiatives that they share with other community members; and
- To proactively manage issues, particularly rumors and misinformation circulating in the community.
Any member of the CISD community is invited to become part of the Community ISD Key Communicators program. The program is centered on an exchange of information between school community stakeholders (parents, guardians, staff, community members and 11th & 12th grade students) and Superintendent, Dr. Roosevelt Nivens, as well as our campus and district administrators.
The Key Communicators will meet quarterly and hear presentations from District departments as well as updates on current issues and news in CISD. There will be a time for discussion and questions at each meeting. Key Communicators will also receive email updates from District Administrators and will be asked to provide feedback regarding issues and concerns from the community.
CLICK HERE if you are interested in joining the CISD Key Communicators.
Key Communicator Meetings for
6 – 8 PM at CHS Cafeteria
6 – 8 PM at the Terry Pope Board/Training Room
Tuesday, May 9,
6 – 8 PM at NeSmith Elementary Cafeteria