Bad Weather Communication Procedures
Please review the following district procedures for communicating information about school schedules, school closures, or delayed start of school due to bad weather. If there is a decision to delay or cancel school, that decision will be made as early as possible on the day of bad weather.
Information about school closures will be published through the following:
1. District website at communityisd.org – an alert message box will appear
2. Campus and District websites will display any closure or delay information on the “Announcements” section of the main page.
3. Black Board Messaging will deliver a phone, text and/or email alert to all parents and staff
4. Post will be made to the official Community ISD Facebook (facebook/communityisd)
5. Post will be made to the official Community ISD Twitter (@communityisd)
6. Closure or delay will be reported to the following TV Stations: Fox 4, NBC 5, WFAA 8, CBS 11
In the event bad weather moves in during the day, the District will closely monitor weather reports and road conditions. Please keep in mind that weather conditions can vary greatly within an area/region. Any decision to release students early due to inclement weather will be made with primary consideration for getting all students home safely. Early closure announcements will also be communicated through the media sources listed above. Parents always have the option to pick their child up at school at any time they feel is necessary.