Bad Weather Communication Procedures
Please review the following district procedures for communicating information about school schedules, school closures, or delayed start of school due to bad weather. If there is a decision to delay or cancel school, that decision will be made as early as possible on the day of bad weather.
Information about school closures will be published through the following:
- District website at communityisd.org – an alert message box will appear
- The Community ISD Mobile App will send an alert to all users (download the mobile app at iTunes or Google Play)
- Blackboard Messaging will deliver a phone, text and/or email alert to all parents and staff (please check with your child's school to make sure your contact phone and email are current)
- An "All Staff" email will be sent to all communityisd.org staff users
- Post will be made to the official Community ISD Facebook (facebook/communityisd)
- Post will be made to the official Community ISD Twitter (@communityisd)
- Closure or delay will be reported to the following TV Stations: Fox 4, NBC 5, WFAA 8, CBS 11
In the event bad weather moves in during the day, the District will closely monitor weather reports and road conditions. Please keep in mind that weather conditions can vary greatly within an area/region. Any decision to release students early due to inclement weather will be made with primary consideration for getting all students home safely. Early closure announcements will also be communicated through the media sources listed above. Parents always have the option to pick their child up at school at any time they feel is necessary.